Dr Ahmer Ali Khan
Department: Internal Medicine & Critical Care
Qualification: MBBS, MRCP (UK), FICM, FACP (USA)Book an appointment
Dr Ahmer Ali Khan is a renowned physician, and has been practicing Internal Medicine since 2013. He is specialized in treating common conditions such as hypertension, diabetes, dengue, malaria, tuberculosis, asthma, and COPD. He has been successful in gaining patient satisfaction for his services.
Dr Ahmer Ali Khan is a graduate from the NTR University of Health Sciences (NTRUHS). He was awarded the prestigious MRCP post-graduate qualification from the Royal College of Physicians (UK) in the year 2011. He has completed his Fellowship in Intensive Care Medicine from Apollo Hospitals. He is skilled in teaching and guiding upcoming doctors, in preparing them for the MRCP exams. His special interest lies in diagnosing and treating diseases related to the lungs. He is trained to perform various procedures such as Intercostal drain insertion, Bronchoscopy, and Medical Thoracoscopy. He has to his credit managing category C H1N1 (swine flu) patients at Gleneagles Global Hospital.
7 Years of Experience
- 2013 to Present
Consultant in the Department of Internal Medicine & Critical Care Aware Gleneagles Global Hospitals
- Intercostal drain insertion
- Bronchoscopy and Medical Thoracoscopy
- Critical care
- Trauma care
- Emergency medicine
- Lung Problems
- Attended the course on Bedside clinical examination at UCH Education center and St. Georges Hospital in London (UK) in 2011.
- He has done Adult Neurology observership training from St. Pauls Medical Center, Dallas (USA) in 2007.
- Paediatric neurology observership from Children’s Medical center, Dallas (USA) in 2007.
- He secured the silver medal in the Pediatric quiz competion held in 2005.
- Attended a workshop on PROBLEM SOLVING FOR BETTER HEALTH, sponsored by The Dreyfus Health Foundation, New York, USA and Health Action by People, Trivandrum, INDIA in March 2004.Done a project on Smoking and Common diseases caused by it, under Problem Solving For Better Health (PSBH).
- He has actively participated in WHO and Govt. of India sponsored ‘National Pulse Polio Immunization’ program held from 2001 to 2006.
- Presented a seminar and project on ‘The Anatomy and functioning of the Ankle Joint’ while in the first year of medicine in 2001.