Department of Diabetology and Endocrinology
We are pleased to introduce the Department of Diabetology and Endocrinology at Aware Gleneagles Global Hospital, Hyderabad. This department aims to provide the best possible patient care by incorporating the latest treatments. It deals with the diagnosis and treatment of diseases related to hormones, including hypertension or high blood pressure, diabetes and high cholesterol. We are one of the best hospitals for diabetes management in Hyderabad.
We have the best diabetologists in Hyderabad on board for treatment of the condition in which the human body stops producing or fails to properly use insulin, which is a hormone that is required to convert food into energy. The three main types of diabetes – type 1, type 2, and gestational are all defined as metabolic disorders that affect the way the body uses digested food to make glucose.
Endocrinology is the field of hormone-related diseases that deals with the endocrine system. These glands secrete hormones into the blood. Hormones of the endocrine system perform various functions and may have different effects depending on which organ is targeted. Many laboratory tests are used for diagnosis, which may include diagnostic imaging.
Our hospital, being amongst the best endocrinology hospital in Hyderabad and has some of the best endocrinologists in Hyderabad on board who will perform various tests to provide personalized care to the patient.
FAQ: Diabetology and Endocrinology
What does the Department of Diabetology and Endocrinology deals with?
The department of diabetology and endocrinology deals with the diagnosis as well as the treatment of diseases related to body hormones, such as hypertension, high blood pressure, diabetes, and high cholesterol.
What are the types of Diabetes?
There are three main types of diabetes–
- Type 1
- Type 2
Services are available at the Department of Diabetology and Endocrinology.
Best Hospital for Diabetes
You will experience the best care and treatment here. All our technological advancements are solely dedicated to diabetes and endocrinology and for the betterment of our patients makes us one of the best hospitals for diabetes. It is the combined effort of training and patience that makes our diabetic department, class-apart, and that is why we are known for the treatment of diabetes. We will help you in going through all the options and assist you in making healthy and fully informed decisions.
Being among the best hospital for diabetes in Hyderabad, we provide you with all the medical assistance for the best treatment for you. We make sure that you never have any doubts about the medication we provide. We have the most experienced doctors and specialists to give you expert advice when you have any confusion regarding any matter. We have grown continuously and evolved to meet the needs of the families we serve. Our department’s advantage is that we not only provide care and treatment but also promote preventive care by educating them about periodic comprehensive health check-ups.
FAQ: Diabetes Hospital
Which is the Best Hospital for diabetes treatment and care?
Gleneagles Global Hospital is among the best hospital for diabetes in Hyderabad, we provide you with all the medical assistance for the best treatment of diabetes (type1, type2, and endocrine disorders). Get treated now.
Some of the diagnostic procedure offered for diabetes include
- Fasting plasma glucose (FPG) test: The fasting plasma glucose test (FPG) is the preferred method to screen diabetes. The FPG test measures a person’s blood sugar level after fasting for at least 8 hours.
- A1C test to diagnose diabetes: A1C test is a blood test that reflects your average blood glucose levels over the past three months. The A1C test is also called the HbA1c or glycated hemoglobin test.
- Random plasma glucose (RPG) test: It is a blood test that’s performed any time of day and doesn’t require the patient to fast. RPC measures the sugar level in your blood at that particular moment.
- Oral Glucose Tolerance Test (OGTT): A glucose tolerance test measures how well your body’s cells can absorb glucose (sugar) after you consume a specific amount of sugar.
Our hospital is one of the best endocrinology hospitals in Hyderabad for the diagnosis of various endocrine disorders. Some of the diagnostic tests we use in the Endocrinology Department:
- 24-Hour Urine Collection Test: A 24-hour urine collection is done to measure the number of hormones present in your body. It is done by collecting your urine in a special container maintained at a low temperature.
- ACTH Stimulation Test: The ACTH stimulation test measures how well the adrenal glands respond to the adrenocorticotropic hormone that is produced in the pituitary gland.
- Bone Density Test: a bone density test, detects whether you have osteoporosis, a word that comes from Greek and means “porous bone.”
- CRH Stimulation Test: The CRH stimulation test helps a doctor determine what causes a drop or rise in a patient's adrenal hormones. CRH (corticotropin-releasing hormone) is a naturally-occurring hormone that causes the pituitary gland to secrete ACTH hormone. Our hospital has some of the best endocrinologists in Hyderabad.
- Dexamethasone Suppression Test: Dexamethasone suppression test is used to measure if the adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) secretion by the pituitary gland can be controlled. During this test, you will receive dexamethasone. This is a strong human-made (synthetic) glucocorticoid medicine.
- Fine-Needle Aspiration Biopsy: Fine needle aspiration is a type of biopsy procedure in which a thin needle is inserted into an area of the cyst to sample body fluid.
- Semen Analysis: Semen analysis, also known as a sperm count test, is done to analyse the health and viability of a man’s sperm to determine the underlying cause of a patient's inability to conceive.
- Thyroid Scan: A thyroid scan is a specialized imaging procedure for examining your thyroid gland that controls your metabolism.
- TSH Blood Test: A TSH test is done to find out if your thyroid gland is working the way it should. The patient can get the TSH test done if too much thyroid hormone is secreted into the body, affecting the weight and mood of the individual.
Diabetes is one of the most common ailments worldwide and can affect both teenagers and older individuals. Although it is seemingly dormant, diabetes is the precursor to various other diseases as well. Diabetes patients need to take extreme care with their way of living to maintain proper blood glucose levels. Being amongst the best hospitals for diabetes in Hyderabad, The Department of Diabetology at our hospital provides comprehensive Diabetes management programs. It employs the best diabetologists to deliver the best diabetic care for the following disorders:
- Type 1 diabetes: Type 1 diabetes, also called juvenile diabetes, occurs when your immune system destroys cells in your pancreas called beta cells that produce insulin. Glucose doesn’t move into your blood cells because insulin is not present.
- Type II diabetes: Type II diabetes is a lifelong disease that keeps your body from using insulin properly. Your pancreas makes a hormone called insulin, but in type 2 diabetes, the patient's blood cells don't use it as well as they should.
The Department of Endocrinology deals with the malfunction of hormones in the body. Our hospital is one of the best endocrinology hospitals in Hyderabad. Hormones play a vital role in the day-to-day functions as well as the natural growth of the body. Typical malfunction of hormones in the body includes – thyroid malfunction, diabetes, etc. Our hospital offers the best treatment for all hormonal imbalances. Some of the best endocrinologists in Hyderabad are on board and they provide the most advanced care and treatment.
Type 2 diabetes affects
Your body either resists the effects of insulin or does not produce enough insulin to maintain normal glucose levels. People with type 2 diabetes are insulin resistant. Type 2 diabetes affects major organs such as the heart, blood vessels, nerves, eyes, and kidneys. Controlling your blood sugar levels can help prevent complications arising. Symptoms include:
- Being very thirsty
- Peeing a lot
- Blurry vision
- Being cranky
The procedures are undertaken for the following diseases at the Department of Endocrinology:
- Addison’s Disease
- Adrenal cancer
- Carcinoid tumors
- Early puberty
- Hashimoto’s Disease
- Hyperglycemia In Diabetes
Diseases and Conditions treated by the Department of Endocrinology : Readmore
Our Doctors: Endocrinologist
The Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology at Aware Gleneagles Global Hospital, Hyderabad, has the best set of doctors, surgeons, and specialists who specialize in the treatment of diabetic conditions. We have some of the best diabetologists in Hyderabad on board to give expert medical advice, which you require. They are well-trained and have an excellent knowledge of their work and specialization. They excel in their fields and treat their patients with the utmost care. We are one of the best hospitals for diabetes management in Hyderabad and make sure that our patients have a satisfactory journey of treatment here. Being amongst the best endocrinology hospital in Hyderabad, we can assure you that you will be in the great hands with these endocrinologists and will have a very comfortable journey to recovery. Having some of the best endocrinologist in Hyderabad on board, we provide you with expert opinions for every type of disease that you are going through during the treatment of your conditions.
Dr. Ellareddy Chinthala
Consultant - Endocrinologist