Department of Mental Health and Psychiatry
Our mental health is a perfect amalgamation of our emotional, psychological, and social well-being. It majorly confers to how we think, feel, and act in various everyday situations. A disruption in mental health affects a person at many levels because multiple systems in our body are interconnected. Moreover, depression can lead to suicidal instincts too. That is where our team of experts at our centre of mental health and psychiatry comes into the picture. At our centre, which is known to be amongst the best hospital for mental health treatment in Hyderabad, we have some of the best psychiatrists in Hyderabad who provide you a ray of hope to pull you out of the darkness of self-doubt.
Without a doubt, we take great pride in being one of the best hospitals for the treatment of psychiatric disorders in Hyderabad. We are one amongst the best hospitals for the treatment of psychiatric disorders because we provide comprehensive treatment including evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment for various mental health disorders like depression, bulimia, schizophrenia, obsessive-compulsive disorder, substance abuse, autism, ADHD, and PTSD, amongst others. We have some of the best psychiatrists in Hyderabad on board with us, who are some of the field’s most established and recognized specialists with a compassionate nature. Other benefits at our facility include a personalized meal plan to help calm your nerves and several counselling sessions to accelerate and enhance the treatment process. The Department of Psychiatry brings in some of the best talents to help cater to your needs and structures personalized plans, especially for you because, for us, patients come first.
We all are well aware that our brain and heart work in rhythm, and any disruption in one can directly affect the functioning of the other. The mental disturbance is bound to affect the functioning of different body organs as well. For example, studies have shown that people who have mental illness are at a high risk of developing severe heart conditions, which may lead to heart attacks in extreme cases. Depression and mental illness may also result in blood vessel constriction that leads to incidents of high blood pressure. We offer some of the best treatments and care for all types of psychiatric conditions, making us some of the best hospitals for the treatment of psychiatric disorders in Hyderabad. Our doctors bring a wealth of experience and wide-ranging expertise that has helped us become the top Psychiatry hospital in India. We aim at a 360-degree treatment for our patients and make sure that they can again live a healthy, stress-free life. Our team of physicians and support staff know what they are responsible for and guarantee the best services with assured results at our centre dedicated specially for the treatment of mental health disorders in Hyderabad. We have some of the best psychiatrists in Hyderabad on board to assist you in leading a stress-free life. Being amongst the best hospital for mental health treatment, we bring in the very best for you and promise to live up to your expectations.
- We have the latest technological advancements, that make it possible to have a careful, thorough physical examination. Moreover, we understand that the mental health of a person is of paramount importance.
A manual known as Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5), published by the American Psychiatric Association, which defines symptoms for each mental illness, is used to determine which mental illness the patient has.
Various classes of mental health disorders that are diagnosed at our centre
There are various classes of mental health disorders that are diagnosed at our centre, making it one of the best hospitals for the treatment of psychiatric disorders in Hyderabad. Some of them are listed below:
- Schizophrenia: It is a type of illness that affects the cognitive processing ability of the brain. As a result of this, a person cannot think, talk, or process things properly. People suffering from this disorder hear noises that are not there, and this constitutes one of its major symptoms.
- Bipolar Illness: It is also called a split-personality disorder. Generally, it causes personality dysfunction. There are constant mood fluctuations seen in people suffering from such kind of disorders.
- Depression: This one takes a toll on a person’s emotional quotient and causes the most damage. This disorder can heavily affect a person’s ability to function normally.
- Obsessive-compulsive and related diseases: In this kind of ailment, the person becomes obsessed with particular things like cleanliness, for example, and this obsession is seen as one of the major symptoms of this disorder.
The way Our doctors examine the patients
There are three ways through which our doctors examine the patients. We pledge to provide you with an accurate diagnosis. These include:
- Physical examination and neurological health: This test is done to check for any physical ailment and eliminate any chance of it.
- Laboratory tests: Any vitamin or micronutrient deficiency may also cause disruption in sleep, mood swings, or lethargy. The laboratory tests are done to exclude any such deficiencies.
- Brain imaging: It is a scanning test done for the diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease by checking for the structure of the brain. It includes tests like CT (Computerized Tomography) scan, MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging), PET (Positron Emission Tomography) scan, and cerebrospinal fluid examination.
- Psychological Examination: Talking is the best therapy. Before any medication, our doctors talk to patients to understand their state of mind. One may also be asked to fill a questionnaire that is then critically analysed by the doctor for any major symptoms of mental health disorder.
There is a separate team to deal with acute and chronic cases. The team takes care of your psychiatric and medical needs. The team consists of a primary care doctors, physicians, psychotherapists, pharmacists, and some of the best psychiatrists in Hyderabad. There are options available for customizing your treatment. A psychiatrist is a doctor who diagnoses mental health and prescribes drugs while a psychologist heals the mental illness by discussions, talks, and therapeutic sessions. The various treatment options available at our centre are:
In extreme cases, medication is required and is prescribed by some of the best psychiatrists in Hyderabad. Some of the psychiatric prescribed medicines include antidepressants, anti-anxiety medication, mood-stabilizing medication, and antipsychotic medication (specifically for schizophrenia). Mind you, medication does not cure the illness but helps in reducing the symptoms. Another set of medicines used is anti-depressants, which are used in severe cases of depression. Mood stabilizing medication is often used in the case of bipolar disorders and, sometimes, to treat symptoms of depression.
Also known as talk therapy, it is a session with psychiatrists and psychologists who are qualified and have years of experience. They are the best at what they do. Moreover, research says that talking about your condition, about what you are feeling, is therapeutic and improves the patient’s condition eliminating a great deal of medication to rely on. Psychotherapy has a lot of types, each of which is performed depending on the severity of the case. Psychotherapy is considered one of the safest and, if executed properly, the most effective way of dealing with mental and psychiatric disorders.
This type of treatment options are executed only when the above two, medication, and psychotherapy does not work. Examples of some of the brain stimulation treatments include electroconvulsive therapy, repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation, deep brain stimulation, and vagus nerve stimulation.
Hospital and residential treatment programs
When a patient’s condition is really severe and the above three types of treatment then, the person needs to be admitted to psychiatric hospital where his mental health condition is attended to by the experts and patient-centric care is provided. Our 24-hour inpatient care takes care of such cases. There is also an option of outpatient treatment at our centre.
Some of the best psychiatrists in Hyderabad are on board with us. Aware Gleneagles Global Hospital, Hyderabad is ranked amongst the best hospital for the treatment of psychiatric disorders in Hyderabad. A person’s real wealth lies in his mental health, and we aim at assisting you the best we can, in treating mental health disorders. We employ some of the best psychiatrists in Hyderabad to help you overcome mental health problems. Our team members are empathetic individuals you can rely on for treating various mental health conditions. Our team also includes consultants that are among the best in the country, along with a world-class team of trained nurses and paramedical staff, making our centre one of the best hospitals for mental health treatment Hyderabad.