The department of Pulmonology provides comprehensive care for patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, bronchial asthma, interstitial lung diseases, pulmonary vascular disease, pulmonary infection, tuberculosis& lung cancer.
Pulmonology is an area of medical expertise that focuses on the health of the respiratory system, which includes the organs that help you breathe such as the nose, mouth, larynx, trachea, and bronchi. The doctors who treat conditions related to the respiratory system are called Pulmonologists. Aware Gleneagles Global Hospital located in L.B. Nagar, Hyderabad proudly houses some of the best Pulmonologists in Hyderabad.
The Department of Pulmonology at the Aware Gleneagles Global Hospital has a team of physicians who are well trained to provide the best treatment for lung diseases in Hyderabad to all the patients suffering from respiratory disorders. We aim at helping every individual to breathe to their fullest without any difficulty. Due to our attention to detail, we are amongst the best hospitals for Pulmonology in Hyderabad.
Subspecialties of pulmonology include:
- ALLERGIC AIRWAY DISEASE
- OBSTRUCTIVE LUNG DISEASE
- PULMONARY INFECTIONS
- LUNG CANCER – DIAGNIOSIS & MANAGEMENT
- SLEEP DISORDERS
- DIFFUSE PARENCHYMAL LUNG SISEASES
- PLEURAL DISEASE
- INTERVENTIONAL PULMONOLOGY
The Pulmonology team including doctors & nurses provide the best care. All advanced instruments available to diagnose & management & lung diseases.
Respiratory problems can lead to difficulty in breathing and hence make daily activities nearly impossible. Experts at Aware Gleneagles Global Hospital offer an exceptionally high level of expertise to help you get the best possible care. With recognized programs and expertise, we work to help you regain a sense of normalcy so you can live life on your terms. The pulmonologist works with patients facing serious or chronic breathing problems.We combine expertise with tested and proven technologies to accurately diagnose common problems, such as asthma and sleep apnoea and are amongst the best hospitals for Pulmonology in Hyderabad.
If you are struggling with respiratory disease, accurate diagnosis is the first step. Aware Gleneagles Global Hospital uses procedures such as spirometry, bloodwork, chest X-rays, CT scans, bronchoscopies, and sleep studies to diagnose chronic lung disease. Once you have a diagnosis, the best Pulmonologists of Hyderabad who are on board at our Hospital will create a customized treatment plan. Because lung diseases are often debilitating and require long-term care, the Pulmonologist adapts treatment plans to work with your situation and coordinates your customized care with other important members of the team. If you or a loved one suffers from asthma, emphysema, chronic bronchitis, or other Pulmonary diseases and disorders, the best Pulmonologist in Hyderabad is here at Aware Gleneagles Global hospitals to provide you with state-of-the-art care.
Lung diseases that result from blockage of air passages in the lungs can cause breathing problems for the patient. Damage to the lung tissue over time, the airways to become clogged with thick mucus. The weakened elasticity of the lungs results in oxygen not reaching the air spaces of the lungs which in turn leads to difficulty in breathing. A lung biopsy is a procedure in which samples of lung tissue are removed to diagnose lung diseases such as lung cancer.
How Do Pulmonologists Diagnose Lung Diseases?
Pulmonologists use various tests to diagnose the particular type of lung problem a patient may be suffering from. The doctors at Aware Gleneagles Global Hospital, which is amongst the best hospitals for the treatment of lung diseases might ask you to get:
- Blood tests: They help to diagnose whether the patient has pneumonia or whether specific viruses, such as influenza (flu), are present.
- Bronchoscopy: It is a diagnostic process where a visual examination is conducted on the tubes leading to the patients’ lungs. A small, lighted device is inserted through the nose or mouth into the tubes leading to your lungs to obtain required samples.
- CT Scan: It uses X-rays to produce detailed pictures of the internal organs of the body
- Spirometry: It is a test used to assess the functioning of the lungs by measuring how much air you inhale; how much you exhale and is used to diagnose breathing conditions such as asthma.
- X-rays: Chest X-rays are performed to diagnose cancerous growth in the lungs.
Consult the best pulmonologist
Consult the best pulmonologist at Aware Gleneagles Global Hospital, Hyderabad if you are suffering from any of the following symptoms.
- A bad cough: It can be acute or chronic. Some of the more common causes of acute cough are respiratory infections.
- Asthma: While this may be the most common chronic disease in children, it also affects a number of adults. This is a condition in which the bronchial tubes in the lungs react to stimuli and become inflamed. Others include coughing, wheezing, and tightness in the chest.
- Lung cancer: With lung cancer, patients are generally advised to see a pulmonologist to evaluate lung problems that you have in addition to cancer.
- Breathing problems: Having difficulty breathing can be a sign of a serious lung condition and must be properly diagnosed and treated.
When would you see a Pulmonologist?
The patient can see a pulmonologist if he/she is suffering from the following:
- Breathing Problem
- Chest Pain
- Unexplained weight loss
- Allergy and immunology: It involves immune system-related disorders. An allergist is a doctor specializing in diagnosing, treating, and managing allergies, asthma, etc. Aware Gleneagles Global Hospital is amongst the best hospital for pulmonology in Hyderabad.
- Asthma treatment: Medicines that can expand the passageways into the lungs, by clearing out the mucus and allowing more air in and out and improving breathing are recommended to treat asthma. There are two types of medicines for this purpose: Quick-relief medicines can stop asthma symptoms for a limited period of time, and Long-term control medicines are taken every day to prevent symptoms of asthma.
- Emphysema Treatment: Bronchodilators are drugs that can help relieve coughing, shortness of breath, and breathing problems by relaxing constricted airways. Aerosol sprays, when inhaled, reduce inflammation and may help relieve shortness of breath. If you have a bacterial infection, like acute bronchitis or pneumonia, antibiotics are appropriate.
- Interstitial lung disease (ILD): Interstitial lung disease is a combination of more than 200 different conditions that may cause inflammation and scar around the balloon-like air sacs in your lungs, called alveoli. Less oxygen enters your blood when the alveoli are scarred.
- Interventional Pulmonology: This is a new field of medicine that uses minimally invasive procedures such as endoscopy to diagnose and treat various lung conditions.
- Lung Transplant: A lung transplant is a surgical procedure to replace a diseased or failing lung with a healthy lung, usually from a deceased donor in cases where the patient's condition does not improve despite treatment.
- Lung volume reduction surgery (LVRS): It is a surgical procedure to remove diseased lung tissue. This procedure is used for some patients with severe emphysema, a common type of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- Pulmonary Hypertension: Pulmonary hypertension is a type of high blood pressure that affects the arteries in your lungs by making them narrow or blocked.
- Thoracic surgery: It involves the treatment of organs present in the chest area extending all the way to the oesophagus. Surgery is conducted by a multidisciplinary team of thoracic surgeons.
- Tuberculosis treatment: Tuberculosis can be treated by taking antibiotics for at least six to nine months. It is necessary that people who have TB disease are treated meticulously and take the drugs exactly as prescribed.
- Occupational Lung disease: Particles in the air from many sources such as factories, mining, and construction may cause lung problems. The lung diseases caused by inhalation of such particles are called occupational lung diseases.
- Sleep-related breathing disorders or sleep-disordered breathing are characterized by abnormal respiration during sleep.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) is a term that is used to describe progressive lung diseases such as chronic bronchitis and emphysema. COPD is generally caused by long-term exposure to substances that damage the lungs, leading to difficulty in breathing.
- Obstructive sleep apnoea (OSA) is a common disorder in which breathing stops involuntarily for brief periods of time during sleep. The flow of air stops as a result of narrow air space in the throat. Untreated sleep apnoea can cause serious complications like hypertension, heart problems, difficulty in breathing, and diabetes. Proper diagnosis and treatment are essential to prevent complications.
The Department of Pulmonology at Aware Gleneagles Global Hospitals is amongst the best hospitals for pulmonology in Hyderabad as we focus on the diagnosis and treatment of respiratory disorders. It is a one-stop centre for all lung-related diseases. The pulmonologists at Aware Gleneagles Global Hospital are amongst the best pulmonologists in Hyderabad and work along with allergists and specialists from related fields to provide unparalleled expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of a range of difficult, unusual and complicated diseases of the respiratory system, such as Asthma, COPD (Smoking-related lung diseases), Air Pollution related Lung Diseases, Infections (including Bacterial, Viral, Tuberculosis), Pleural Diseases, Connective Tissue related lung diseases, Sarcoidosis and Sleep Apnoea (OSA/OHS/Obesity-Related Lung Diseases).
Our specialists have been pioneers in offering a comprehensive range of services that helps to restore the health of any part of the respiratory system. Our doctors, backed by advanced cutting-edge technology systems, treat patients using specialized programs, and hasten their recovery. We have some of the best pulmonologists in Hyderabad on board who are highly experienced in treating diseases like asthma, pneumonia, tuberculosis, sleep apnoea, etc
From the Doctor's Desk
We bring to you exclusive articles and videopods from our panel of experienced team of doctors. The articles revolve around myriad topics covering different aspects of a disease or condition right from what its about to its causes, symptoms, risk factors, diagnosis, treatment, etc. They also cover latest trends, technological advancements and new treatment methods. Stay tuned to this page for latest updates.
Difference between Bronchitis vs Pneumonia
Differences Between Bronchitis vs Pneumonia In bronchitis, inflammation affects the lining of the bronchial tubes or bronchi, giving it the name bronchitis. These airways are...
What is Bronchoscopy Procedure
When Do You Need a Bronchoscopy? In most cases, a bronchoscopy is recommended to identify the cause of an undiagnosed lung problem. This is likely...
Make Winters Easier On Your Asthma With These Precautions
Pretreat 15-20 Minutes Before Going Out : Pretreating with a short-acting rescue medication before going anywhere out during the winter. Wear Protective Clothing. Wash Your...
Snoring & Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)
Dr Sudhir Prasad
Diagnosis of pulmonary disease
Dr Sudhir Prasad