Welcome to Spine Surgery:
Spine surgery falls under the department of neurosciences. The spinal cord is an important part of the human body. Any damage to the spinal cord or the muscles or nerves connected to the cord may cause a severe disorder. Any ailment caused to the spinal cord needs to be rectified immediately. The prolonged disorder may cause severe back pain and may affect the posture. The long-term disorder can result in immobility. It is necessary to get treated for spine disorder as soon as possible in a reliable and best hospital for the treatment of spine diseases in Hyderabad. Spine surgery is one of the effective ways to get rid of distressing back pain.
Spine surgery is a crucial procedure. It is mandatory to get it done by the best spine surgeon in Hyderabad. Aware Gleneagles Global Hospital, in LB Nagar, Hyderabad is one of the best hospitals for spine surgery in Hyderabad. The hospital is ranked amongst the best spine surgery hospital in Hyderabad because of its great infrastructure, quality treatment, and best spine surgeon in Hyderabad. We are working continuously towards implementing the latest technologies to provide the best possible cure to our patients.
Why Choose Us
One of the most important areas in the human body is the spinal cord. An issue in the spinal cord may make a person immobile and incapable of performing even basic day-to-day activities. It is necessary to get treated from the best hospital for the treatment of spinal disorders in Hyderabad to get a safe and effective treatment for the disorders.
Some of the main reasons to choose us for spine surgery include:
- Infrastructure: The hospital houses all the facilities that a patient would require. Starting from clean rooms, advanced equipment, ICUs, and a cafeteria providing healthy food. Aware Gleneagles Global Hospital is considered amongst the best spine surgery hospital in Hyderabad because of it provides a healthy experience to the patients.
- Team of qualified doctors: Aware Gleneagles Global Hospital houses some of the best spine doctors in Hyderabad. The doctors are well-qualified and hold experience in the neuroscience field. They ensure that the patient gets the necessary treatment and devote their time and energy to cure a patient completely.
- Complete treatment: A patient need to travel from one place to another to get their tests done, or consult a doctor, or buy medicines. Our hospital in Hyderabad offers everything starting from labs, doctors, helpful staff, to pharmacy.
- Technology and experience: We have combined the latest technology and the expertise of our doctors to provide our patients, a definite cure.
- Commitment: We strive towards serving our patients better. We are committed to you and provide an effective cure for an affordable price. Our team of best spine surgeons in Hyderabad and hospital staff takes care of all your needs.
To identify the exact disease and causes of it, the doctors run several tests on the patient's body to arrive at a definite conclusion. These tests and procedures come under the diagnosis. Before spine surgery, many tests are done to check the condition of the bone. Choose the best hospital for the treatment of spinal disorders in Hyderabad as they will carry all the diagnostic procedures, and the results are analysed by some of the best spinal specialists in Hyderabad.
Spine Injuries and Disorders | Spinal Cord Diseases – Diagnosis & Tests
Aware Gleneagles Global Hospital is amongst the best hospitals for the diagnosis of spinal injury in Hyderabad. Some of the major diagnostic procedures for spinal disorders include:
- Computed Tomography (CT) – Spine: A Computed Tomography (CT) – Spine scan is used to obtain a clear image vertebral column. This is done with the help of X-rays. A CT scan helps the doctor to understand the structure and issue in that part. Hence, patients with spinal injuries or pain are advised to take this scan. The spinal specialists analyze the CT scan report thoroughly and suggests the patient, a satisfactory solution.
- Electromyography (EMG): In Electromyography (EMG) test, electrodes are attached to the patient’s body, and using electrical signals, the condition of muscles, tissues, or bones is observed. Magnetic Resonance
- Imaging (MRI) – Spine: Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) – Spine scan is done to get an exact image of the body parts. In this procedure, a person is sent into a tunnel-like structure where magnetic radiations are projected on the body to obtain the image of various body parts.
- Neurological Diagnostic Tests and Procedures: Apart from the standard scans and tests for spine surgery, our team of spine surgery specialist will conduct numerous other tests and procedures to understand the condition of the nervous system of the patient’s body.
- Neurological Exam: An entire neurological exam is conducted to examine the functioning of all the parts of the nervous system (both central and peripheral) that include the brain, tissues, spinal cord, muscles, and nerves.
- Specialized Nerve Tests- EMG, NCV and SSEP Scintigraphy: Other tests like EMG, NCV, and SSEP Scintigraphy are conducted to get data about nerves, backbone, and brain. A patient is expected to go through all these tests.
The spinal cord, also known as the backbone of our body because it helps in movement and maintains the posture of the body. Any severe injury to this cord can make the person static. Choose the best hospital for spine surgery in Hyderabad to get effective treatment for your spinal injury. Various diseases and conditions are treated at the Aware Gleneagles Global Hospital, Hyderabad, related to the spinal cord.
What are the different diseases/conditions treated by the Institute of Spine Surgery?
Conditions we treat include the following:
- Degenerative disc disease: Degenerative disc disease is also termed as degeneration of the intervertebral disc. This condition occurs between vertebrae due to loss of cushioning, or fragmentation.
- Spinal stenosis: Spinal stenosis exerts pressure on the nerves and spinal cord. This condition occurs mainly in the neck and lower back area. Read More
- Lumbar spine stenosis: Lumbar spine stenosis happens due to the narrowing of the open spaces that are present in the lower back. This condition causes pressure on the nerves that pass through the spine and the spinal cord
- Lumbar disc prolapses: Lumbar disc prolapse is a condition where the disc placed between the bones of the spinal cord becomes rubbery. Get an effective cure from the best hospital for the treatment of Lumbar disc prolapse in Hyderabad. Read More
- Spinal Disc Protrusion: Spinal Disc Protrusionis also called a slipped disc, in which the rubbery disc present between the bones of the spinal cord gets damaged. Read More
- Disc extrusion: In the case of Disc extrusion, the external part of the spinal disc cracks allowing the inner jelly part of the disc to drain out. This condition may happen even when the ligaments are damaged or impaired. Choose the best hospital for the treatment of Disc extrusion in Hyderabad, to get a safe cure.
- Cervical spondylosis: Cervical spondylosis is an ailment caused in the cervical spine. This disorder is caused when excessive pressure on the disc, and the aging process worsens it. We are considered the best hospital for the treatment of Cervicalspondylosis in Hyderabad. Read More
- Cervical radiculopathy: Cervical radiculopathy is the condition in which the nerve function gets disturbed and, as a result, causes pain in the neck and hand. Aware Gleneagles Global Hospital is one of the best hospitals for the treatment of Spinal stenosis in Hyderabad.
- Cervical myelopathy: Cervical myelopathy refers to the compression on the spinal cord in the neck region of the human body. We are one of the best hospital for the treatment of Cervical myelopathy in Hyderabad.
- Kyphosis: Kyphosis, generally known as hunch-back, is observed commonly in aged women, and it is connected to osteoporosis. In this disease, the spine is curved at the top of the back and affects the posture of the human body.
- Scoliosis: Scoliosis is termed as a disorder in which the shape and structure of the spine change. The spine gets curved. Get cured of scoliosis in one of the best hospitals for the treatment of Scoliosis in Hyderabad.
- Whiplash injury: Whiplash injury is caused due to forceful and swift movement of the neck. It is named whiplash injury as the neck movement resembles the sound of cracking of a whip.
- Spondylolisthesis: Spondylolisthesis is a spinal disorder in which the upper bone of the spinal cord slides on to the lower bone. Choose us as we top the list of best hospitals for the treatment of Spondylolisthesis in Hyderabad. Read more
- Cervical disc disease: Cervical disc disease is caused due to the breakdown of the cushioning discs present in the cervical spinal region. This disease generates neck and arm pain.
The foremost reason why our hospital is considered amongst the best hospitals for the treatment of spinal disorders in Hyderabad is because of our team of doctors. We have some of the best spinal specialists in Hyderabad onboard. Our doctors hold degrees from prestigious institutes and have years of experience in performing multitudes of spine surgeries.
The spinal cord is an important part of the human body, and any disorder in it must be treated immediately. Our team will assist and guide the patients throughout their medical journey and provide complete cure. Starting from lab tests, analysing the reports, suggesting appropriate treatment, successful surgery, to aftercare, our team of some of the best spine doctors in Hyderabad and hospital staff will take care of every medical procedure.
Dr J. Gauri Shankar
MBBS (Gen.Surg), M.Ch (Neuro - Surgery)
Sr. Consultant - Brain & Spine Surgeon