DR Kalyan Bommakanti
Designation: Consultant - Neuro Surgeon
Qualification: MBBS, MS, MCHBook an appointment
Holding extensive experience in all the specialities of neurosurgery and spine surgery, Dr Kalyan Bommakanti is an extremely skilled Neurosurgeon. Currently working as the senior consultant and HOD of the department of neurosurgery at Medicover Hospital in Hyderabad, he holds training in fully endoscopic percutaneous endoscopic spine surgeries. He has been invited as a faculty to teach this technique to various surgeons across India.
His research work is extensive and he has published many articles and papers. Dr Bommakanti has performed various cadaveric dissections for endoscopic endonasal and endoscopic spine procedures at many reputed government medical colleges in Hyderabad and Punjab.
- January 2021 to Present
Senior Consultant Neuro and Spine Surgeon, Global Hospital, Hyderabad
- March 2016 to December 2021
Consultant Neuro and Spine surgeon, Medicover Hospital, Hyderabad
- September 2012 to March 2016
Assistant professor, Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad
- April 2012 to September 2012
Lecturer, Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad
- June 2011 to April 2012
Assistant Professor, Adesh Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Bathinda, Punjab
- November 2010 to May 2011
Consultant Neuro and Spine Surgeon, Global Hospital, Hyderabad
- Endoscopic spine surgeries
- Endoscopic skull base surgeries
- 2nd prize in Table Tennis in graduation
- 2nd rank in Science Talent Search Examination-1997 (Dr. A S Rao Awards Council)
- 4th rank in Science Talent Search Examination-1998 (Dr. A S Rao Awards Council)
- 4th rank in National Science (medical) Olympiad-1998
- 2nd prize in Caption Writing (English) in Graduation
- Gold Medal and Certificate of Merit in the subject microbiology in Osmania Medical College for the year 2001
- Best outgoing student from the Department of Neurosurgery, NIMS, 2010
- Bommakanti K, Alugolu R, Chittem LR, Patil M, Purohit AK. Fulminant holocord intramedullary tubercular abscess with enigmatic presentation. Surg Neurol Int. 2013;4:32. doi:10.4103/2152-7806.109506.
- Bommakanti K, Ankathi P, Uma P, Malladi S, Laxmi V. Cerebral abscess and calvarial osteomyelitis due to Burkholderia pseudomallei. Neurol India. 2010;58(5):801-802. doi:10.4103/0028-3886.72188.
- Mudumba V, Bommakanti K, Chittem L. Dorsal spine involvement in Takayasu arteritis. Neurol India. 63(4):616-7. doi:10.4103/0028-3886.162090.
- Bommakanti K, Somayajula S, Suvarna A, et al. Pre-operative and post-operative cognitive deficits in patients with supratentorial meningiomas. Clin Neurol Neurosurg. 2016;143:150-8. doi:10.1016/j.clineuro.2016.02.033.
- Bommakanti K, Panigrahi M, Yarlagadda R, Sundaram C, Uppin MS, Purohit AK. Optic chiasmatic-hypothalamic gliomas: is tissue diagnosis essential? Neurol India. 2010;58(6):833-840. doi:10.4103/0028-3886.73738.
- Bommakanti K, Gaddamanugu P, Alladi S, et al. Pre-operative and post-operative psychiatric manifestations in patients with supratentorial meningiomas. Clin Neurol Neurosurg. 2016;147:24-29. doi:10.1016/j.clineuro.2016.05.018.
- Chittem L, Bommanakanti K, Alugolu R. “Precipitation sign”: a new radiological sign for spinal intramedullary tubercular abscess. Spinal Cord. 2014;52 Suppl 1:S1-2. doi:10.1038/sc.2014.31.
- Datar G, Shinde A, Bommakanti K. Technical consideration of transforaminal endoscopic spine surgery for central herniation. Indian J Pain. 2017;31(2):86. doi:10.4103/ijpn.ijpn_37_17.