Department of Neuro Sciences, Aware Gleneagles Global Hospitals L.B. Nagar, Hyderabad
We extend you our warm welcome on behalf of the neurosciences team members. We are pleased to share our details with you. Neurology is the medical field concerned with researching and treating nervous system disorders. The nervous system is a dynamic, sophisticated system that regulates and manages the functions of the body. With the help of neurosurgery, we can help you lead a better life. Aware Gleneagles global hospital, Hyderabad, is one of the best hospitals for neurology in Hyderabad.
Our Neuroscience team at Aware Gleneagles global hospital is well equipped to treat all neurological diseases, making it one of the best hospitals for Neurological Disorders in Hyderabad. This centre is fitted with state-of-the-art facilities and operated by a dedicated team of Hyderabad's best neurologists and surgeons, assisted by well-trained nursing assistants and para-medical staff to provide outstanding, patient-cantered care for the treatment for neurological conditions.
Our panel of neurologists are well qualified & professionally skilful and will direct you from initial evaluation to diagnosis and treatment through every phase. We tailor a treatment plan to suit the needs of each patient. It also offers expert guidance on changes in diet and lifestyle to get you back to good health and take preventive action.
Why choose Aware Gleneagles Global Hospitals for Treatment of Neurological Disorders?
The brain and nervous system regulate so many of our body's vital functions. Therefore, when a neurological problem arises in the body, it is essential to pursue the most exceptional neurological treatment. At Aware Gleneagles Global Hospital, Hyderabad, we have a team of top neurology physicians, top neuro surgeons, and other specialists who are highly skilled and trained to diagnose and treat the most complex and challenging neurological condition or disorder.
For the diagnosis and treatment of neurological disorders, we provide in-patient and outpatient programs. Our medical expertise is coupled with the availability of state-of-the-art medical technology for the diagnosis and treatment for neurological conditions and the excellent team of allied support staff and the nursing team we have ensure that you get the best results.
Our physicians are specialized in a wide variety of treatments for neurological conditions, including Stroke, Epilepsy, Alzheimer's Disease (PD), Dementia, GBS, Neuropathy, Neuralgia, Parkinsonism, Multiple Sclerosis, Myasthenia Gravis, Brain Tumor, Hydrocephalus, etc. Our diagnostic services include Nerve Conduction studies, Electromyography Studies, Small Fiber Neuropathy Assessment, Invasive & Non-Invasive Visual EEG Testing, High-Speed CT Imaging, High Definition MRI, 4D CT Scanning, Interventional Angiography, and Neuropsychological Assessments, etc.
Our neurology and neurosurgery team's main goal is to enhance your quality of life, improve your neurological function regardless of your condition, and thus motivate you to take control of your health. To do this, we aspire to do our best. Hence, we are known to be one of the best hospital for neuroscience in Hyderabad.
Diagonsis of Neurological Disorders
Being amongst the best hospital for Neurology in Hyderabad, Aware Gleneagles Global Hospital's Institute of Neurosciences provides highly advanced image-based diagnostic testing to assess and treat neurological issues accurately. Sophisticated brain imaging technology provides the perfect foundation for our patients to build the best treatment plan. Our hospital is known for problems related to neurology and neurosurgery. We are ranked amongst the best hospital for neurological diseases diagnosis in Hyderabad. Some of our hospital's diagnostic procedures are:
Some of our hospital’s diagnostic procedures are:
- Nerve Conduction Tests: NCS tests how high the electrical activity in a nerve is and how powerful it is. The examination will tell if it has harmed a nerve.
- Electromyography Studies: The muscles move when they are instructed to get to work through nerve signals from the brain. Electromyography measures how well the muscle responds to it.
- Evoked Potential Studies: Evoked potential tests measure the time it takes for the brain either through sight, sound, or touch to respond to sensory stimulation.
- Small Fibre Neuropathy Evaluation: It is primarily determined by history and physical examination. But, functional neurophysiological testing and skin biopsy assessment of intraepidermal nerve fibre density can provide some proof of the diagnosis.
- High-speed CT imaging: CT is a diagnostic imaging technique that uses x-rays to calculate a target neuro displacement from all directions and reconstructs the linear attenuation coefficient throughout the object from that data. Although typically the images are acquired as a series of parallel axial slices, the result is a three-dimensional representation of the anatomy.
- High Definition MRI, 4D CT scan: These tests show the inner parts of your body in better detail.
- Interventional Angiography: Diagnostic and interventional angiography is a technique that injects blood vessels (arteries or veins) with a so-called dyer that appears on X-Ray to detect narrowing or blocking.
- EMG Testing: The procedure is used to identify defects in the neuromuscular system. One or more small needles (also known as electrodes) are inserted into the muscle through the skin during the test.
- Neuropsychological evaluations: Neuropsychological assessment is an assessment of how one’s brain works, which indirectly provides information about your brain’s structural and functional integrity. The diagnosis of neuropsychology includes an interview and study administration.
Facilities at Aware Gleneagles Global Hospital Institute of Neurosciences & Rehabilitation, open as well as endoscopic brain and spine surgeries.
Treatment of Neurological Disorders
Neurologists are monitoring and treating neurological conditions or nervous system problems. The different conditions treated by the institute of neurosciences are:
Different conditions treated by the institute of neurosciences are:
- Hemiplegia: Hemiplegia is treated to restore motor function by addressing the underlying cause and by various forms of therapy. In fact, with physical therapy and mirror therapy, muscle control in a hemiparetic limb can be enhanced. We are one of the best hospitals for the treatment of Hemiplegia in Hyderabad.
- Aphasia: A person with aphasia who has had a stroke may benefit from a speech-language pathologist’s session. The therapist should work with the individual on a regularly to improve their ability to speak and communicate.
- I.V Thrombolysis & Endovascular Therapy for Acute Stroke : The doctor inserts a catheter into a large blood artery in your head during this operation. We then take the clot out of the vessel using a tool. If it is done 6 to 24 hours after the stroke starts, this operation is most effective.
- Epilepsy: Medical Management and particular diet may include some other potential options.
- Alzheimer’s Disease (PD): There is no such treatment to cure Alzheimer’s disease completely, but by using certain drugs, you can improve the condition of the patient.
- Dementia: It is not possible to reverse brain cell death, so there is no known cure for degenerative dementia. Alternatively, condition management such as Alzheimer’s disease focuses on the care and treatment of symptoms rather than their underlying cause. Nonetheless, medication may be possible to prevent or stop further damage to brain tissue if dementia symptoms are due to a reversible, non-degenerative reasons.
- Neuropathy: Neuropathy treatment involves measures to control the symptoms and, where applicable, medical steps that address the underlying cause of neuropathy. Medical treatments for diabetes, autoimmune diseases, kidney disease, and deficiencies of vitamins are varied and concentrate on the particular underlying condition.
- Multiple Sclerosis: MS is treated with the help of some drugs, and if it does not work, then brain cell stimulation is done.
- Myasthenia Gravis: Myasthenia gravis is not healed, but treatment with immunosuppressants or inhibitors of cholinesterase that help control symptoms.
Neurosurgeries done at the Institute of Neurosciences
Neurology involves the treatment of many different conditions where numerous neurosurgeries have to be performed by the best neurosurgeons. Our institute is one of the best hospitals for neurosurgery in Hyderabad. The procedures done here are:
- Craniotomy: A craniotomy is a removal from the skull of part of the bone to reveal the brain by surgery. To remove the bone segment called the bone flap, specialized tools are used.
- Complex Temporal Epilepsy Surgery: Temporal lobe resection, also known as temporal lobectomy, is a procedure that can reduce the number of seizures you experience, make them less frequent, or even prevent them from happening.
- Complex Lesioned Epilepsy Surgery: This brain surgery removes brain lesions that cause seizures — areas of damage or abnormalities such as a tumor or abnormal blood vessel.
- Thrombolysis: Thrombolysis, also known as thrombolytic therapy, is a treatment for dissolving harmful clots in blood vessels, increasing blood flow, and preventing tissue and organs from being impaired.
- Mechanical thrombectomy: You might need a deep vein clot cut out in sporadic cases. This is a venous thrombectomy procedure. This may be appropriate if you have a severe case of DVT, also called as phlegmasiaceruleadolens, which does not respond well to other treatment forms.
- Botulinum Toxin Injection: Botulinum toxin is a muscle-relaxing drug made of Clostridium botulinum, a bacterium. This is the medicine that people use to fix lines, commonly known as Botox.
Best Neurologists in L.B. Nagar, Hyderabad
Aware Gleneagles Global Hospital provides you with the country's best neurology physicians. The experts in neurology are widely known in their fields and come with a wide range of experience and knowledge. Our physicians are experts in different branches of neurology, offering thorough care and treatment. Visit us at Hyderabad's Aware Gleneagles Global Hospital to meet with India's best team of neurologists and neurosurgeons.
Dr J. Gauri Shankar
MBBS (Gen.Surg), M.Ch (Neuro - Surgery)
Sr. Consultant - Brain & Spine Surgeon
Dr Suresh Reddy
MD (Gen.Med), DM (Neuro) (NIMS)
Consultant - Neurology
DR Kalyan Bommakanti
MBBS, MS, MCH
Consultant - Neuro Surgeon
Dr Praveen Changala
MD (General Medicine ), DM (Neurology)
Consultant - Neuro Physician