Spine Injuries and Disorders | Spinal Cord Diseases – Diagnosis & Tests
Aware Gleneagles Global Hospital is amongst the best hospitals for the diagnosis of spinal injury in Hyderabad. Some of the major diagnostic procedures for spinal disorders include:
- Computed Tomography (CT) – Spine: A Computed Tomography (CT) – Spine scan is used to obtain a clear image vertebral column. This is done with the help of X-rays. A CT scan helps the doctor to understand the structure and issue in that part. Hence, patients with spinal injuries or pain are advised to take this scan. The spinal specialists analyze the CT scan report thoroughly and suggests the patient, a satisfactory solution.
- Electromyography (EMG): In Electromyography (EMG) test, electrodes are attached to the patient’s body, and using electrical signals, the condition of muscles, tissues, or bones is observed. Magnetic Resonance
- Imaging (MRI) – Spine: Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) – Spine scan is done to get an exact image of the body parts. In this procedure, a person is sent into a tunnel-like structure where magnetic radiations are projected on the body to obtain the image of various body parts.
- Neurological Diagnostic Tests and Procedures: Apart from the standard scans and tests for spine surgery, our team of spine surgery specialist will conduct numerous other tests and procedures to understand the condition of the nervous system of the patient’s body.
- Neurological Exam: An entire neurological exam is conducted to examine the functioning of all the parts of the nervous system (both central and peripheral) that include the brain, tissues, spinal cord, muscles, and nerves.
- Specialized Nerve Tests- EMG, NCV and SSEP Scintigraphy: Other tests like EMG, NCV, and SSEP Scintigraphy are conducted to get data about nerves, backbone, and brain. A patient is expected to go through all these tests.